Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Writing Prompt

Every year, kids in Massachusetts have to take the MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) in ELA and Math. The March is the time for ELA, and you'll never guess what we had today? ELA MCAS? Well, kinda. In certain grades (4th, 7th, and 10th) you have to take something called the MCAS Writing Prompt. They give you a prompt and you write a four page essay on it, first draft and then the final. And it pretty much takes all day, and you get one break which is for lunch. So that's what I did today, and it took me about five hours. We had to write about a time when we felt pride, so I wrote about when I got my black belt. It was quite full of emotion if I do say so myself. XD Now I have to write a science book report on vampires. This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment