Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who Crax First? Chapter 2

Who Crax First?: Chapter 2 A Double Legacy


Dude was such a sweetheart during the first few days he moved in, making the bed the moment he was awake, preparing breakfast for the entire household, and scrubbing the counters like they've never been scrubbed before! I figured it would eventually die down, but it didn't. Apparently, Bunny had worked him like a dog, demanding these things be accomplishing everyday. Therefore, I explained to him that this was a woman's job and that I would take care of the household chores while he focuses on his work. Dude was dumbfounded that I could be so I understanding. How I love that man.


Much to be delight, Damion had taken an immediate interest in little Jake once he had hit his toddler years. It was difficult for one of us to even give Jake a bottle since he was always under the care of his father! Although remarkable, I couldn't help but find the sudden love for his child a little suspicious...


Meanwhile, my painting career was going well. If I was lucky, I'd be able to complete one large painting a day which resulted in a hefty financial boost for the household.


One morning when I had concluded my morning workout, I stepped off the treadmill and clutched my stomach from the instant fatigue. Shockingly, this simple placement of my hand changed my life. Forever. It took me a few moments to register what was occuring, but then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was pregnant. My little baby was kicking inside me! I was going to be a mother!


Once the realization of the situation hit me, I comprehending that the familiar feeling of fatigue had been replaced by hunger for a few weeks now, but had gone unnoticed by me. I promptly began to eat more and take my prenatal vitamins, wanting my child to be as healthy as possible when I delivered it.


Unfortunately, that evening I had to break the news to the remainder of the house, and by that I mean my brother. I made his favorite meal, Mac n' Cheese, with the hopes of that softening him up a bit.
"Damion..." my voice trailed off nervously and I began to play with the pasta on my spoon.
"Yeah?" he inquired, shoving an oversized helping off the dish into his mouth.
"I'm... pregnant," I exclaimed with a smile, although I still failed to meet his eyes.
"Excuse me," he pardoned, abbandoning his meal and nearly sprinting out the front door. Well that could've gone better.


Nina is such a doll. With my expanding waistline, I was unable to move around frequently on a daily basis, meaning most of the necessary tasks that needed to be finished weren't getting done. In between caring for Jake I'd spy her breaking away to do a few of my chores, like the laundry or preparing supper. The rumors that used to circulate around town no longer do, Nina is a truly changed person. I only wish I could say the same for my "darling" brother.


Dude was growing increasingly excited as the days progressed into months, and as my stomach went from flat to a perfect basketball. Although he already had a child with his past wife, this was the first he would experience everything with, the pregnancy, birth, and the raising. This child would be spoiled rotten, loved by two very eager parents.


Lately, Nina's been taking Jake out to the park for a little fresh air. The little guy loves to run around and discover things in the world around him. Nina has a purpose though, and after a half hour of exploring, she'll sit him down and teach him a few new words. Being outdoors helps the tot relax, therefore understand things better, making the teaching job much easier on Nina's part. 


All of the affects of pregnancy have been taking their toll on my body, and this includes the swollen ankles. As the months moved on, I found myself struggling to remain standing for a mere hour in order to paint even a fraction of my latest work. It came to the point where I eventually gave up. My creativity did not go to waste though, I picked up a new hobby, writing, something I could spend hours upon no end doing. From that moment on, the computer was beginning to take the easel's place in my heart.


Upon entering the living room to retrieve a dictionary, I stumbled across a sight I've been anticipating for quite some time now. Damion in a lip lock with another woman. Oh, but it wasn't just any woman, it was his sister-in-law, Dina Caliente. I watched with rage as his hand grew increasingly lower on her side and her hand reach for his crotch. You have got to be kidding me. Did they really not see me standing here, tapping my foot irregularly, giving the couple a menacing death stare?


Silently, Dina motioned for Damion to accompany her to his bedroom. Unprepared, I turned to my easel and began painting strokes aimlessly, praying Damion wouldn't say anything and just walk down the hallway.
"Don't tell Nina," he murmered through clenched teeth.
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't," I commanded rudely.
"Jake," and with that, he turned the corner, locking his bedroom door behind him.


Minutes passed, and my screams of labor were covered by the sounds of laughter from down the hall. Hurriedly, I summoned a taxi and called Dude's boss, informing her that he was about to become a father. Dude was dismissed and was waiting in awe at the hosiptal for my arrival.


My brother honestly disgusted me, he had absolutely no knowledge that his own sister was delivering her first child. No, instead he was busy spending some "quality time" with Dina in the bedroom, preferring her than his wife who is practically all too willing. I ponder how I actually turned out normal...


Dude and I emerged the proud parents of a healthy baby boy who we named Cameron. Cameron Krax. 


My welcoming home was anything but gleeful. Damion and Nina stood sucking face in the kitcken, her being completely oblivious to her husband's whereabouts that day. I stopped dead in my tracks, inwardly debating whether or not to come clean about the event that I witnessed earlier that day. Unwillingly, I decided to sleep on it, hoping that an answer would be disguised in a dream.


Luckily for me, the paparazzi was leaked the information about my brother's escapade before I had the chance to make a decision.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" I could hear Nina screaming out back from my bedroom. "Cheating on me! And with my sister! What? Was I not good enough for you?"
"Nina! Come one! You understand! You're a flirt too! And you're just getting... old. It's not as exciting as it used to be."
"I don't give a damn, Damion! I've changed! And I was hoping you would too! God, we have a son together. Does he mean anything to you? Or is he just a cover up? So you can be called the perfect family man?"


"What do you want me to do? It's not like I can take back what I did!"
"You know what I want you to do! I want you to sign these papers!"
"What the hell are these?"
"Divorce papers, buddy. We're through."
"Nina, come on. It's a misunderstanding. Please-"
"Oh I'm understanding everything perfectly, Damion! You just can't control yourself! I changed for who I thought was the man I would be spending the rest of my life with! And you just go and screw it all up!"
"Nina, please, just let me-"
"Goodbye Damion."


Nina claimed that she didn't want to leave Jake to be raised by a single parent. Therefore, Damion would be spending his nights on the couch, so the entire family could still live under one roof, just not function as a normal family. I didn't feel one ounce of sadness for my brother, he did what he did, and he got what he deserved.


Dude is an amazing father, catering to Cam's every whim. The two of them are adorable together, their expressions are priceless. I think Dude is still pleased with being able to take part in Cam's life and not have to leave, like he did with Bunny and Jamey.


With time, Cameron's birthday rolled around and the household was a ball of energy! Especially Dude and I, we couldn't have been more ecstatic for our little boy to age up! Nina agreed on bringing Cam to the cake to blow out his candles. Nina was literally shaking from excitement, thrilled Jake would finally have a little play mate!


Cameron grew up to be an absolutely priceless toddler. Personally, I think he's going to look just like Dude, but only time will tell. For now, I want to enjoy my little boy while he's still young!

No comments:

Post a Comment